Searching for the perfect summer appetizer? Look no further! I whipped up this salmon tatare, mostly because I wanted to make my favorite cocktail, a Gin & Tonic, and figured I needed something to accompany it. I referred to my friends over at www.thisgirlwalksintoabar.com for a little tutorial on how to make the perfect G&T. That worked out very well. I added my own twist to both with some “citrus caviar” (yup, still obsessed with those finger limes) and had myself a little Friday evening happy hour. TGIF!
Enlisting the help of the experts, your guide to libation training is here…
- 8 ounces fresh boneless salmon
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 half of an avocado, chopped into small bits
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped radish
- 1½ teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice (store bought or fresh squeezed)
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 finger limes for garnishing
- sea salt flakes and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Chop up your salmon into half-inch cubes or smaller, depending on your preference. Place in bowl and add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Season with salt & pepper to your taste.
- Turn out onto a serving board. Slice finger limes and garnish tatare with the citrus caviar - totally impressing your guests about now….
- Serve with straight-up potato chips, the good kind, no low fat or baked business.